- University of Toronto - ARCT 1990
- University of Western Ontario - HBSc - Genetics - Gold Medallist 1993
- University of Ottawa - MD 1998
- University of Ottawa - CCFP 2001 - Dr. Leoanrd Rousell Award
- University of Cardiff Diploma in Practical Medical Dermatology, Distinction 2012
- University of Cardiff, Introduction to Dermoscopy Course 2015
- Academic Expert In Dermoscopy and Preventive Dermatooncology Certificate. Graz University, Austira. Nov 2016.
- Master of Science in Dermoscopy and Preventative Dermato-Oncology.. Graz University, Austria. Sept 2018
ONGOING COURSES/CONFERENCES: CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME):
- Clinical Observership: Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital. Dermoscopy. October, 2016
- International Short Course in Dermoscopy. Graz University, Austria. July, 2016.
- Musculoskeletal Joint Asssessment Workshop. Ottawa. Oct 24, 2015
- Pediatrics Update Queens Univeristy. Kingston. Oct 28, 2015
- Dermatology Day CME. Queen's University. Kingston. May 29, 2015
- Dermatology Surgical Procedural Skills CME. Queen's University. Kingston. May 30, 2015
- GP Psoriasis Advisory Board, Toronto, Feb 2015
- Osteoporosis Update Workshop - Ottawa, Nov 2014
- 10th Annual Update in Endocrinology & Diabetes - Ottawa, Nov 2014
- Clinical Update: Education Day for GPs Practicing in Dermatology - Toronto. Oct 2014
- Insomnia: Beyond the Basics - OCFP Workshop, Ottawa. Sept 2014
- Advances in Dermatology - New York University, NYC. June 2013, June 2014
- Skin Cancer Boot Camp - Canadian Dermatology Association,Toronto. April 2013
- Primary Care Update - Ottawa. November 2013
- Primary Care Opthamology Conference - OMA - Toronto, Dec 2013
- How to Manage Common Out-of-Hospital Emergencies - University of Ottawa, Dec 2013
- MCE Dermatology for the Nondermatologist - NYC, Dec 2013.
- OMA (Ontraio Medical Association)
- CMA (Canadian Medical Association)
- CCFP (Canadian College of Family Physicians)
- CPSO (College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario)
- IDS (International Dermoscopy Society)
- PCDSC (Primary Care Dermatology Society of Canada)
In addition to offerring comprehensive family medicine services, Dr. Sawyers has a special interest in dermatology & office procedures. She completed a Diploma in Practical Medical Dermatology with distinction in 2012 and introductory training in Dermoscopy in 2015 both from the University of Cardiff Wales. She holds a diploma from Graz University, Austria as an Academic Expert in Dermoscopy and Preventive Dermatooncology (2016). She is currently enrolled in the MSc in Dermosscopy and Preventive Dermatooncoloy at Graz University Austria. She looks forward to offerring these services to her family medicine patients as well as in consultation to other physicians' patients by referral only.
Please note that Dr. Sawyers has a GP FOCUSED PRACTICE DESIGNATIONin Dermatology. Claims from referrals for physicians in FHOs, FHTs & FHNs will not affect the Access Bonus.