- Master of Science in Dermoscopy and Preventative Dermato-Oncology. Graz University, Austria. Sept 2018
- Academic Expert In Dermoscopy and Preventive Dermatooncology Certificate. Graz University, Austria. Nov 2016.
- University of Cardiff, Introduction to Dermoscopy Course 2015
- University of Cardiff Diploma in Practical Medical Dermatology, Distinction 2012
- University of Ottawa - Family Medicine Residency. CCFP 2001 - Dr. Leoanrd Rousell Award
- University of Ottawa - MD 1998
- University of Western Ontario - HBSc - Genetics - Gold Medallist 1993
- University of Toronto - ARCT 1990
- Workshop "Introduction to Dermoscopy" for Nurse Practitioner Association of Manitoba (NPAM) annual conference, Winnipeg, MB. Oct, 2023.
- Workshop "Dermoscopy Use in Podiatric Care" for annual conference of the Ordre des Podiatres du Quebec, Sherbrooke, PQ. Jun, 2023.
- Dermoscopy Canada: Introductory Dermoscopy online courses: 2022 - 2023.
- Co-Founder of Dermoscopy Canada, a not for profit educational foundation providing national dermoscopy education to health care providers. 2021. (www.dermoscopycanada.ca)
- Author of online educational dermoscopy bulletin “The Network” (www.drsawyers.ca)
- Speaker at PCDSC annual conferences on dermoscopy (Toronto 2017- 2019).
- Design & delivery of educational modules for FCFP accredited CME dermoscopy workshops (Toronto, Sept 2019; Vancouver, May 2018).
- Design & delivery of educational modules for family medicine physicians using TADA (Ottawa, Dec 2017).
- Sawyers E A, Wigle D T, Marghoob A A, Blum A. Dermoscopy training effect on diagnostic accuracy of skin lesions in Canadian family medicine physicians using the Triage Amalgamated Dermoscopy Algorithm. Dermatol Pract Concept. 2020 Apr 3;10(2):e2020035. doi: 10.5826/dpc.1002a35. PMID: 32363097; PMCID: PMC7190575.
- Blum, A., Sawyers, E.A. & Hofmann-Wellenhof, R. Differenzialdiagnose Dermatofibrom.Hautarzt (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00105-020-04745-6
- OMA (Ontraio Medical Association)
- CCFP (Canadian College of Family Physicians)
- CPSO (College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario)
- IDS (International Dermoscopy Society)
In addition to offerring comprehensive family medicine services, Dr. Sawyers has a special interest in dermatology & office procedures. She completed a Diploma in Practical Medical Dermatology with distinction in 2012 and introductory training in Dermoscopy in 2015 both from the University of Cardiff Wales. She holds a diploma from Graz University, Austria as an Academic Expert in Dermoscopy and Preventive Dermatooncology (2016). She obtained a MSc in Dermosscopy and Preventive Dermatooncoloy at Graz University Austria in 2018. She looks forward to offerring these services to her family medicine patients as well as in consultation to other physicians' patients by referral only.
Please note that Dr. Sawyers has a GP FOCUSED PRACTICE DESIGNATION in Dermatology. Claims from referrals for physicians in FHOs, FHTs & FHNs will not affect the Access Bonus.